The Tiger Lillies present Edgar Allan Poe's Haunted Palace
The Tiger Lillies are an extraordinary three-piece band and their music is a startling mixture of opera, gypsy song and left-bank Paris, but what really marks out this band from any others is the emotional charge and raw passion of the delivery. Masters of dark humour, their music plays in the intersection between offensive and delightful. It has been called macabre, darkly humorous, perversely beautiful and impossible to pigeonhole.
In their new show Edgar Allan Poe’s Haunted Palace, a highly visual nightmare and bizarre musical extravaganza, The Tiger Lillies plunge into the dark and sinister world of Edgar Allan Poe.
The international creative team behind this darkly comic musical spectacle consists of French-American director Paul Golub, American video designer Mark Holthusen (also collaborator on The Rime of the Ancient Mariner) and Swedish playwright Peder Bjurman, (also known from his work with Robert Lepage). The theatrical score and all songs are new compositions by Martyn Jacques, lead singer of The Tiger Lillies.
Duration: 90 minutes – no interval
Director: Paul Golub
Music and Score: Martyn Jacques
Visuals, Costume and Set Design: Mark Holthusen
Text: Peder Bjurman
Contra Bass, Musical Saw, Theremin, Vocals: Adrian Stout
Percussion: Jonas Golland
Sound: Claus Buehler
Production: The Tiger Lillies (United Kingdom), Théâtre du Volcan Bleu (France), Quaternaire
(France). Coproduction: Bergen International Festival (Norway), Le Théâtre de l’Union, Centre
Dramatique National du Limousin, Maison de la musique de Nanterre. With the support of La
If you missed the French premiere of Edgar Allan Poe's Haunted Palace here are all the forthcoming dates of the show for your diary :
- 18-19 October 2017 : Théâtre d'Angoulême - Scène Nationale, Angoulême, France
- 10 November 2017 : Teatro Circo Murcia, Murcia, Spain
- 12 November 2017 : Teatro Alhambra, Granada, Spain
- 15 November 2017 : Teatro Central, Seville, Spain
- 18 November 2017 : Le Carré-Colonnes, Saint-Medard-en-Jalles, France
- 21 November 2017 : Teatro Principal Antzokia, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- 14 February 2018 : Scène Nationale de Sete, Sète, France
- 4-5 April 2018 : Théâtre de l'Union - CDN du Limousin, Limoges, France